Thursday, September 6, 2012

OH CANADA!

Tanner and I left our hotel in New York City around 9 am. We decided the smart thing to do would be to rent a car so we did not have to haul our luggage around the subway and it would be way better than a taxi. I was not feeling good at all. I think it was all of the really gross food I ate during lunch in New York. I couldn't eat at all. So, I was feeling sick the whole time. We got in line at the airport and it was a whole line of Asians getting onto the flight to go to Toronto.I went to the bathroom before I got on the plane and I saw a lady with a full grown BEARD. It was weird and disgusting all at the same time.
Welcome to Air Canada! 

We got on the plane and I was feeling sick but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Tanner and I started to watch  Hunger Games and watch it the whole flight. Then as we started to land. I was going to have to use that bag in the seat that no one wants to get out during a plane flight.... or ever. I got it out and closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I ended up not needing the bag but I kept it with me for a while. We got out and had to go through customs and I was shaking the whole time. I couldn't stop. Then..... our flight was delayed to get to Moncton by almost 2 hours. So I laid on the floor of the airport with a beach towel. It would be way gross if I just laid there without a blanket or something. We finally got on the plane. It was a Air Canada Express plane. It had propellers! I will just have to show you a picture. It was sweet, and loud.
We finally landed in Moncton late and Kelly Galbraith was there to welcome us and to take us to the Pattison's who we were going to be staying with for the first night in Canada. It was so fun to get to hear about all the people that Tanner knew on his mission and to hear about where they are now. Many of them are still around but many of them moved away or are not very active. He was surprised at how many people once she said the name he remembered them.  We drove for about an hour and a half and we finally got to Hampton, New Brunswick. It was gorgeous!!! There were little hills and green and the moon was huge. I felt so close to the sky and the moon.
We got to the Pattison's and it was just Lisa and her mom there. We talked to Lisa for about a half an hour and then it was time for bed. We got upstairs and I was so tired. I laid on the bed for a little bit and I saw a picture of a bird. I thought my dad would know what this bird is and then I decided to take a picture of it so that he could tell me what it was when we got home.


Then, I got ready for bed and we talked for like 5 minutes about what we are going to do the next day.  Then I was asleep. Tanner as always stayed up later than me to plan our day. It was a day of traveling but it was still wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment