Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New York City Day 3

This was our last full day in New York City. We would be leaving the next morning. We decided to go to all the museums that we could. We headed to the subway because we did not want to walk all the way to Central Park from our hotel. We woke up just a little bit late so we got a later start than normal. We started at the Metropolitan Museum. It was so big. I never thought we would get to all of it and of course we didn't. We did get to the exhibits we thought would be most interesting. I will just have to share the pictures with you. As we were walking through one of the Early American Exhibit. I was finding myself thinking of ways how I can add the design into my future home. It was funny. Then Tanner came up to me and said, " I wouldn't mind having something like that in our house one day." I told him that I was thinking that same thing.

 
                                      Many of the things in this room we liked for our house one day! 

We then walked through Central Park and man it started to rain. It was the only day we didn't have our rain jackets with us. Luckily, I stuck a umbrella inside Tanner's backpack. We walked over to a castle that was in the middle of Central Park. I ran and got a picture with it and then we briskly walked to the next museum which was the American Museum of Natural History.( I think that is what it is called.) We walked immediately to the  planetarium which was inside. We learned about starts while we walked the show with Whoopey Goldberg as our narrator. We ate lunch there in the cafeteria. Another not so great food choice. We were basically striking out on all of our lunch options. We had to hurry because we wanted to try and make it across town to get to the Air and Space Museum so that we could see the spaceship Intrepid. We hurried through the animals, sea creatures and human sections and basically ran to the museum and then we go there a half hour late so we were not able to go see the spaceship. That was one of the only things that I was sad we didn't get to see, that and The Plaza Hotel. 


We decided to take our time walking back to the hotel to get cleaned up for NEWSIES. Yes, that is right Tanner and I saw Newsies on Broadway. It was so good. The singing, the dancing, even the little change in the story was incredible. It was one of the shows Tanner will easily and quickly go see again. We loved how after all the bigger numbers such as King of New York and Seize the Day. The whole audience clapped for at least 2 to 3 minutes. The actors were loving it though. The vocals were great, and the dancers were amazing. I cant dance... at all but these boys could really dance.
















After we didn't want our New York section of the trip end so we headed back to Time Square and then over to Rockefellar Plaza. We ended up going up to the "Top of the Rock". It was such a stunning view. It was probably better than the top of the Empire State Building. We stayed up there for over and hour just taking in the city skyline at night. Also, Tanner was trying to figure out what to say in his video for James. When they were closing we went down to walk around and walked by the flags, and the Lego store and show the quote from Mr. Rockefeller. It was late so we headed to the subway. They were going to clean it so they said we need to get in fast so we don't get wet. 
We got on the subway and headed back to the hotel. 









 

We had to wait down in the subway for awhile because it was so late. The trains did not run as frequently. It was way hot down there too. We finally got on and rode to our stop. We got off, and got a little turned around so instead of walking most of the way to our hotel underground we ended up walking in a circle almost above ground. Finally we made it back to our hotel for a good nights rest for Canada! 

No comments:

Post a Comment