The Pattison's extended family was all head to the beach just past the airport so they offered to drop us off on their way. We loaded in the car and hit the road after saying our good bye's and thank you's!! We are so grateful for people like them who were so generous to us while on our trip.
We got in the car's and headed to the airport. I got to sit up front and talk with Kelly! I loved it. She is an incredible lady with so much insight. I love her courage and determination to follow the spirit in all situations. We talked about work, family, differences between Canada and the States. I have to say my husband is so funny. He was sitting behind me and catching up with one of the guys he had met while up in Hampton but he still wanted to hold my hand or be close to me so he would reach up and hold my shoulder or arm. He is so cute. Anyways, the ride was only an hour but it seemed so much shorter.
Then, we were at the airport. We checked in and waited about an hour. We got on the our first flight of the day to get to Toronto.
We got to Toronto. Everything was normal until the plane was loaded and they announce that Chicago is having some thunder storms so all planes departing to the Chicago airport are to say on the ground until further notice. Tanner and I start to watch the rest of The Hunger Games. An hour passes by and the movie ends and we are still on the ground in Toronto. I was getting a little antsy. Then just a few minutes later they announced we will be taking off. As we landed in Chicago, all I could think about was how we probably missed our connecting flight. We got off the flight and headed to the United Airlines desk thinking they could help us since that is the airlines of the flight that we missed our connection with. WRONG. They did not help us but mess our tickets up. So, we head to the Air Canada desk since they are the airlines we flew in on that had made us late. They said we need to go out and ask the people at the main desk. We proceed to leave and head to the Air Canada desk. The lady was nice and said, we have already booked you tickets on the flight that departs later tonight. We said perfect! We then directed up to the United Airlines check in desks so we could print off our boarding passes.
We get to the next terminal over. Wait in line to get our passes printed off when..... the old man tells us that they in fact do not have tickets for us and that they do not even have control over our tickets. That is when we realized the first United Airlines helper put our names on a Delta flight in the morning. I was on the verge of tears. I did not really wanted to say a night in Chicago. The man did give up stand by tickets for the flight the Air Canada said we had seats on already. After all of this, we head back to Air Canada fill them in on the story that United Airlines gave us and letting them know that they are responsible for our hotel if we do not make it on the standby flight. Tanner and I get through security and head to the gate where our flight should be taking off. After about 10 minutes of waiting they switch our gate to being downstairs. Tanner was getting hungry so we head down and put our stuff in a spot where I can sit and watch it while he goes to get food. After 30 minutes they are calling the standby names and Tanner and I are number 2 and 3. I had to go up and get the tickets for both of us which the man at the desk did not like much. It was strange though. Our tickets were the only ones with our names on them and least of the other 6 I saw. After that I amused we had a spot on the plane the whole time they just had to wait to see if some of United Airlines members needed some of the seats.
So I go to get in line to board the plane after they have called all the rows and Tanner still is not back. I am starting to freak out a little. There are only 5 people who arent on the plane yet. I call Tanner right as we is walking down the stairs. We rush onto the plane and ask the people we were sitting by if we could sit together since we are married. They were so kind and said yes. We sat down and finally could relax because we knew we were going to be home in just a few hours.
Our flight was okay. It was bumpy and load but we were just happy to be getting home!
No comments:
Post a Comment