Monday, September 24, 2012

Education Week Concerts..... Tanner's Last Hurrah!

Tanner performed with Vocal Point for the last time during BYU's education week! It was a happy and sad moment. He had performances Tuesday through Friday. I was lucky enough to go to all but one when I let my mom take my ticket. This part of Tanner's life became part of my life and our life. Since I met Tanner we have had to work around and with Vocal Point. I will admit there were times where I loved it and times where I wished we could just spend more time with me. We had so many great experiences and I know that Tanner did as well.
He was able to do so much:
  • Sang at a dinner where President Uchdorf was attending
  • Sang for a Xango International Convention
  • Sang at the Deseret Managements Christmas Party (including President Monson and 8 of the 12 Apostles.) 
  • Sang in front of 80,000 boy scouts at the National Jamboree
  •  Sang in front of 7,000 people at the General Assembly of YMCA's 
  • Half time of B.Y.U. basketball game ( The Jimmer Years)
  • Half time of B.Y.U football game
  • Nauvoo Summer Tours
  • ICCA's Second Place in New York and Tanner himself received Outstanding Vocal Percussionist
  • Place he traveled: Idaho, Arizona, California, New York, Wyoming, Illinois, Oregon ( Many cities in each state)
  • NBC's the "Sing Off"
  • Utah Jazz National Anthem and Half Time
  • REAL Salt Lake Soccer National Anthem
  • Local Concerts and Performances
  • and so so much more
Tanner had such a wonderful experience in Vocal Point and he could tell you more and more experiences he had. 
His last concerts were wonderful and he enjoyed them all but he realizes that it is his time to move on and let someone else have such a miraculous experience performing with vocal point as he did. 
Pictures from his last Shows:







From Beginning to End: 


 
Tanner's Last Beat Boxing Solo

One of the first songs Tanner sang with Vocal Point 

No comments:

Post a Comment