Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Many Adventures of the Nilsson's

This month is known as the birthday month in Tanner's family. We have 6 birthdays in one month plus my sister has her birthday in May. We have Mckay, Austin, Brett, Aubrey, Annalee, Leanne and basically Chad ( His birthday is June 2) .

Tanner and I celebrated his dad's birthday by taking him and Marci out to lunch. Layla and I picked up Tanner at his work and then went to lunch his parents. It was nice for us to have some one on one time with Tanner's parents and really get to have a conversation with them. Even though I spent half of it outside walking around with Layla it was still a great day. After lunch, Layla and I went to say hi to some of Tanner's coworkers. It is funny that Layla can tell when she is talking with a doctor.

For my sisters Birthday we went to dinner and then came back to our house for presents. I always enjoy having my family over at my house and am lucky they live close enough to come sometimes.






We did celebrate again on Memorial day for Brett and Aubrey. We are sad that we did not do much for McKay, he is on his mission in Norway and then Austin is living in North Carolina for the summer.

This month, I set up a time with the Nilsson girls to learn how to make bread with Grandma Nilsson. We truly enjoyed our time and we learned so much. Hopefully, I can remember it and use it. That night we ate so much  bread of all different kinds. Orange rolls, cinnamon rolls,pigs in bankets and so many more.













 We were lucky to be able to go to the Payson Temple Open House. We went with my brother and his wife Jacqui and her friend. Layla did really well. She liked to point at things and try to touch things. She did not really like to walk in the shoe covers but it was so cute watching her walk around in them. We loved to see the temple and get to spend that time with family.









Critical Mass Concert: My cousin Jonathan and Emily are in a group at Orem High School called Critical Mass which is an Acapella group. Tanner, Layla and I went to the concert and enjoyed it. They did a wonderful job.








Leanne and I were on a walk the other day around the temple and we were talking about birthdays so Tanner and I thought it would be a good idea to invite them over for birthday dinner. So, We did invite Chad and Leanne Came over for dinner. We really enjoy getting to spend time with them. They are so relaxed to be around and the conversation flows so well. So, since they both have birthdays coming up we decided it would be a great way to celebrate with them. We made fried rice and pot stickers for them. Then, Brett and Marci came over to drop some things off and we got to spend time with them. It was a wonderful night.




We did a two part Memorial Day weekend. Sunday we went with my mom down to her dad's grave site and got to spend some time talking about him and his life. He was truly a wonderful man and father. Then we had dinner at my parents house. The ribs were so good and we got to spend time with Alec, Andrew, Jacqui and my parents. We started to plan our trip a little more for Alaska this summer. We are really excited to get to go again.
Monday, we took it easy in the morning and went for a little run to the park and let Layla play. Then, we got ready and headed up to Sandy to spend the night with Tanner's family. We visited his Haw's grandparents and then had some dinner and played some basketball. Even in heels I was able to shoot pretty well. Tanner and I love to spend time together and it is nice to spend some of that time with our families.



















No comments:

Post a Comment