Thursday we were able to have Chad, Leanne and Sophie over for dinner. We ate beans and toast which was a new meal for Tanner and I. Leanne said that they ate it a lot when she was growing up and she still eats it now. It was much better than I thought it would be since I normally don't like the flavor of canned beans but these beans have a different flavor to them. I really enjoy all the time that we get to spend together with all of Tanner siblings but especially with Chad and Leanne since Leanne and I get along so well.
Friday night, we went over to Willow Park where Tanner's parents were spending the weekend. When we got there Aubrey and Chance were already there and Jace and Jenna came just a little after we got there. Tanner's parents had a whole set up with their camper and a really nice tent that looked like a little house and all these cool gadgets to keep camping comfortable. It was a chilly night but we were able to stay warm with the heaters they had. I was pretty nervous about the river that was by their camp site because it was dark and Layla kept wanting to go down by the water. Luckily everyone was very alert where the little girls were wondering. It is always good conversation with the family.

Saturday we had the 3 sessions of conference. The morning, afternoon and priesthood. Tanner and I were really excited to get to watch/ listen to conference because it is always wonderful to hear spiritual guidance from our current prophet and apostles. For breakfast Tanner made chocolate chip pancakes! They were delicious. All three of us were very much enjoying them. Tanner even made us lunch, grilled steak sandwiches with grilled peppers. Tanner and I were able to spend some of our time out in the yard between sessions. I am staining a planter box for our front porch and I am very excited about it. I cant wait until I have planted the flowers in the box.Then, we got to make sure that everything will start to grow well soon.
That afternoon we had a Easter Egg hunt at my Grandma and Grandpa Woolley's. Layla really enjoyed her first Easter Egg hunt where she was walking. Tanner, Alec, Layla and I were on the purple team. We got to share 105 eggs. We ended up with so much candy!! This is good and bad because we love candy but it is bad because we will probably eat the whole basket of candy. I got to spend my night there while Tanner went to priesthood session with his brothers, dad and grandpa. I got to talk with my cousin Allison about being a mom and I loved it. Every time after I talk with her I always feel so much better and more uplifted. She is a wonderful example to me of optimism. Layla loves getting to be with all the kids especially her cousins.




Sunday we got to watch conference and relax a little. Layla also got to open her Easter basket. It was so cute. She was so excited. She got a doll, water wow books, crayons and a coloring book and a book called " Guess how much I love you" and bubbles. Shew as loving it! It was so happy for me as a parent to watch her open up new things! It was like Christmas morning!
Then, at 4 we headed down to Springville to have dinner with my mom's side of the family. It was nice to get to see my Grandma Taylor and the rest of my aunts and uncles. We did a little Easter egg hunt and played outside with some bubbles. It was a wonderful relaxing Sunday!






Unfortunately, I got sick early Monday morning with a stomach bug. It was the worst!! Then we found out that 27 other members of my family got the same sick with in the next 24 hours. It spread like crazy! There were only 5 people who didn't get sick! That is crazy! It is very very contagious obviously especially since none of us ate the same thing. So, stay away from us for the next 3-5 days. Well, maybe that long. It truly is the worst having a one year old with the stomach bug while you as a mom are sick. Tanner was great and stayed home with us to take care of us and ended up getting sick himself the next morning. He was such a trooper!


Then, Wednesday we headed up to Park City where Tanner had rented us a cabin for the rest of the week. We loved our time up there just getting to relax, read, play games, and sit in the hot tub. We invited Jace and Jenna and their girls to come up with us and we really enjoyed having them up there with us just for a little bit. On our way out of Park City we stopped at a park to let the girl run around and play and eat lunch. It was a great time and we will probably do it again and often.





Other Fun This Month
Playing with Grandpa's Kite
(Layla was loving it!!)
Walks to the little park to play with this ball.
Going outside when it snows! and getting her first real ouchy and it happened to be on her eye. We are glad that she is 16 months when she got her first really ouchy.
Family Home Evening Funny Face Contest!






No comments:
Post a Comment