Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wonderful Changes

The month of September flew by so quickly. There have been so many changes that have happened this month.
In the month of September: 
Layla has learned to crawl, to eat normal food, drink formula, stand up and walk on the side of the couch. Layla even ate her first lemon. She would jump a little when she took a suck of the lemon but she did not want to stop eating it. She is so cute when she was eating it. She is going to be just like her mom and especially her Grandma in liking to eat lemons. She has now liked lemons, pickled beets, dill pickles, Mandarin oranges, water from a sippy cup and sucking on wheat thins.






 Tanner joined an a cappella group called Remix. They had there first gig, performing at the Spanish Fork Harvest Moon Hurrah. It was incredible to see Tanner up on stage again performing and doing what he loves. He is very talented ( in my bias opinion) and it showed in how fast the group was able to get a show line up learned and sounding well. The group was Tanner, Robert, Jake, Ben, Scott and Jon. 



I was able to get the courage to stop pumping for Layla. It was 9 months of exclusively pumping for me, which I feel so blessed to have been able to actually be able to produce enough milk for my baby. I was sad to stop actually. Tanner has asked me multiple times when the last time I pumped was and I tell him. He says that was awhile ago... how do you feel? I say, Sad and excited.  I was lucky to also be able to freeze enough milk for Layla to drink later. This has been such a huge part of my life and the stress in my life. Having to worry about making sure Layla is getting what is best for her was very important to me especially since I had the means to get that for her.  Now that Layla is eating baby food for most meals it was time for me to stop and get a little more time back into my life.

Lastly, Tanner and I celebrated our three year wedding anniversary. The years are going fast and starting to blend together a little in my mind but it is because of the many blessing and experiences we have had that just continue.  



September Happenings

My sister was able to take family pictures for Tanner and I.  I love them. It was so great to have my sister be able to find time (especially with two kids) to take such great pictures of us and so close to our house. Here are just two that she took.




We had our anniversary this year into a multiple week event. It started with us getting tickets from my parents to go to the Colbie Caillat concert at the Draper Amphitheater with them. She was so great and I loved getting to sing along to one of my favorite singers. Layla was even great to come and sleep through some of it. Then, Tanner took me to From Scratch a restaurant in Salt Lake, to city creek for some shopping and then to a bed and breakfast called Castle Creek Inn. This was our first night away from Layla and we missed her so much. We rushed to see her the next day because we just wanted her to be with us. Even when we were out at City Creek the night before we kept commenting to each other about wanting to show Layla this or that. We did still enjoy our anniversary get away. Then on our actual anniversary Tanner sent me the most beautiful roses, I made him a steak dinner with a balsamic glazed pasta. Then, for our gift to each other for our anniversary we went on a week long vacation to Washington DC (post to come).  










 



No comments:

Post a Comment