Monday, June 15, 2015

St. George June 2015

I am so in love with going on trips big or small. This year so far has much been smaller trips but we have a few big ones planned for later this year including Alaska and Hawaii.
With my parents having a time share on a condo down in St. George I plan to go down every time they have it if its just for a weekend or for longer. Getting to spend time with Tanner and Layla and the rest of my family, getting to swim and go on mini adventures it is a perfect little get away.
This time around Tanner and I left on Wednesday after he got off work and we drove down there and got there just before Layla's bedtime. Layla and I got to watch movies and sing and play with toys on the ride down there. Then when we got there we got all set up for bed and went to sleep.

Thursday we swam, read, relaxed, barbecued and then my parents got there around 10pm.

Friday, we went shopping with my mom while my dad was at work then we stopped by his office to say hi to some people and show off Layla. Then we headed back to the condo for Layla to nap and for me to read and eat lunch. Then, we went on a hike at red cliffs near Leeds, Utah. We loved that hike. It was beautiful and shorter. The water ponds were black and looked pretty gross but people were hiking to them to go swimming. In one of them we saw a dead frog or two..... I don't think I would swim in that water. Also, my dad got a go pro camera and Layla got to play with it on the drive to the hike and she was loving it and actually took some really good pictures.
Then we went to one of our favorite Thai food places down there for dinner and got a little sweet tooth fairy cupcake for dessert. That night around 10:30pm Annalee, Chad, Emari and Tessa made it down.

Saturday we spent the day swimming, taking naps, and going to a When you wish at Tuacahn. Even though we had to stop the show for a few minutes because of rain it was such a cute show and we all really enjoyed it and Layla did well at their showcare which made me really happy.  I hate leaving her!
Layla loved the pool and water but her favorite thing was running around the outside of the pools and watching how slow Tanner and I run in the water. There were only a few times we had to jump out of the water to make sure she didnt fall or jump in the water that was too deep.

One of the best moments for the trip was when Emari and Tessa woke up Saturday morning and Layla saw them for the first time down there she was swinging her arms and saying YAY! YAY! YAY! She was so happy to see them.

(More Pictures to Come)
































2 comments:

  1. Is her hair turning blonde, how have I not noticed?! Looks like a fun getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I'm so happy I found your blog! (Instagram) Your family is adorable!! What a fun "mini" trip. I am a big believer in getting away from the house - after all the craziness and fun adventures are over, you appreciate your normal life more. Plus you make priceless memories. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete