Oh this last month we had a lot of fun at Farm Country at Thanksgiving point with Emari, Tessa and Annalee. Layla was running around trying to see all the animals. There were a few that made to much noise for her that is was scary. Like the turkey's they were very loud and Layla at first was intrigued but then she started to get scared. We got to take a carriage ride and see all kinds of animals. ,Then Layla and I needed a little adventure the other day so after we ate lunch we headed over to The Museum of Natural Curiosity. I am so grateful that it is so close. Layla could stay there for hours running around following other kids and touching everything! She is just like her dad and loves the Motion Room. She kept going in there all day. Watching things move and seeing how they work. I cannot wait to see what she is like when she is older. We had a few run ins while there with some parents not liking the way we were "playing" but I feel confident in the way I am teaching my daughter and the way I play with her. I like to be by her side and talking to her and helping her understand how things work and how to play. Lastly it SNOWED finally. I have been dreaming about this for months. Not having snow since Christmas has been killing me. Every time there was news of snow in Utah I would run to the window to see if it was outside our house and it never was but then Tuesday it snowed! So, Layla and I stayed in our pajamas and built a fort, read books, ate snacks, painted, played games and watched a Tinker Bell movie which is the only TV we can get to pay attention too. She is hilarious and we love that she is getting to be smart and understand and independent.
Also, the more things we do out of the house like going to museums and park. Layla gets a cold two or three days later! It is such a bummer having a sick baby. That would be the only reason why I am excited for spring and summer to not have a sick baby anymore!
Tanner has been so great in making sure that we have a date night every week!! Best husband ever! Some night we will do something more special just at home but some night we get to go out and do something fun! Our last two dates were to the Home and Garden Show, and Salty Dinner Theater. The home and garden show at UVU was a little lame to us this year. With just having built a house in the last year and a half and already having the basic landscaping down we were kind of disappointed in the amount of stuff that applied to us. But we still had fun and Layla was loving the candy and games that were there to play. It was fun to get out and go to things together.
The Salty Dinner Theater was SO SO funny! We got to see Pride and Prejudice with a funny twist to it. There was singing and dancing and a little bit of the real story line. We got to eat while this was all happening and met some nice people that were sitting at the same table as us. We even got up and danced ourselves. New adventures, New dates, and trying to be brave and do new things. All are happening at the Nilsson home and we are hoping it continues to keep our life more and more interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment