Monday, July 21, 2014

May and June and July

Memorial Day:
It has always been a goal of mine to make it to my Grandpa's grave every Memorial Day. Tanner is always very happy to come with me. This year was the first Memorial Day since Tanner's Grandma and Grandpa Haws passed away so it was good to be able to add them to our Memorial Day tradition of going to visit our grandparents  graves that day and remember them. One of the things I love when we go to my Grandpa Taylor's grave is Tanner asking me to tell him something about my Grandpa that I loved or just something about his life. It is a great way for me to remember and for Tanner to learn a little bit about my Grandpa, since they never had the chance to me in person.




                    


Hike to Bell Canyon Waterfall:
Tanner has been telling me about this waterfall since we were dating. You can see it(kind of) from his parents house. After almost 3 1/2 years we finally hiked to the waterfall. It was a pretty hike. First you hike up to a reservoir and then you keep going up the trail and you through some meadows that are pretty flat and then the incline is gradual but then you get to a part where its like you are climbing up big rock stairs. I was not prepared for that. Since this was our first hike with Layla it took us almost 2 hours to get up to the waterfall but it was pretty once we got up there and very worth the climb. We are loving going on new outdoor adventures each week.
                

Aubrey and Chance's Wedding:
Aubrey and Chance are married. They had a beautiful wedding day. The sealing was wonderful and I was laughing more than I thought I would because the sealer was cracking jokes. I was a little nervous in the sealing though. We had gone to the temple when Aubrey received her endowments and I passed out so I was thinking to myself the whole time, "oh no, what if I pass out again in front of all these people." I had to lean over a few times and I was holding onto Tanner's hand pretty tightly. I made it though.
The rest of the day was great between the luncheon an the reception we were able to talk with family and see some friends we have not seen in a very long time. Especially since we had Layla.




 
Layla's Six Months:
I cant believe that Layla being six months has come and gone. Here are some pictures of her at six months.        


 Fathers Day:
This year was Tanner's first year of being a Father on Father's Day. He is a great dad and loves Layla. He is going to be a great dad. For Father's Day, Tanner the things you would need to go fishing. A fishing pole, hooks, line, bait. Hopefully he can put them to good use this summer. Especially since we live so close to the river he could just walk over and go fishing.

Camping in the House:
As part of our weekly adventures we have been going on we went to a new park to us in Draper which had a great view. We had a little pizza picnic and went on the swings. When we got home we decided to camp inside instead of outside since we are not prepared enough for outside and I think it is SO much fun to sleep inside a tent inside your house.


Layla Eating Solid Food:
The craziness that is getting Layla to eat "solids" or baby food is a mess but so much fun because she is loving trying new flavors and getting to try little things that Tanner and I are eating. She is still learning how to open up for a spoon but when it is something she likes her mouth will be wide open but if she is tried of her rice cereal I feel like I am trying to get that spoon in there as fast as I can when she smiles or talks. So far she likes rice cereal, applesauce, mixed carrots, watermelon, oranges, real bananas, and eating anything off a cracker. She does not like mangoes,sweet potatoes, pears, or baby food bananas. I am learning to laugh at getting food splattered over me when she laughs when she is eating.  It a messy job but  I am loving getting to teach Layla.


Fourth of July and Grandma Camp:
This year we had a great time with both Grandma Camp and the Fourth of July. We were able to go to an Orem Owl's game with the Woolley's. It was Layla's first experience with fireworks and she liked them after she realized what was happening. The first few scared her a little bit. On the Fourth of July we went to the Provo Parade. It has been a tradition with the Taylor side of the family for many years. I am just glad I am passed the point of being the one to sleep out to save the spot. It was stressful for me. Then we had a picnic at my Grandma Taylor's with that side of the family. It was so much fun getting to see most of my cousins. After that we headed over to my Grandma and Grandpa Woolley's for Grandma Camp. We were able to play games, watch movies and eating. We really enjoyed our time this year and with Layla's first "Great Grandma Camp" I think she enjoyed her time. She was able to get comfortable and warm up to some of my extended family.
                  

 
  


 Seven Month Old Layla:
Layla is SEVEN MONTH, when did that happen! She is growing so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment