Thursday, February 5, 2015

A New Year and A New Start

January has been such a wonderful and refreshing month for Tanner and I. We have started our goals and are doing pretty well at them for a month so far and hoping that continues.
This month we have been able to get back into a little bit of a normal weekly schedule. Even though we have a birthday a week so there are still family get togethers almost once a week it is back to a more consistent week overall.
We already had New Years Day and Andrew and Jacqui's wedding. The rest of the month was all about playing and going on mini adventures together.
We decided to go to the Museum of Natural Curiosity. It was so incredibly fun for all of us. Tanner said that he would have loved to have this when we was little. There was a "motion" room and Tanner could have stayed there for a while. Layla loved the water room and the little jungle area. It was so much fun! We bought a pass so we will be going there a lot.












We had a "Stay-cation". We decided to treat one of our Friday and Saturdays like it was vacation, We played games, stayed up late, we went swimming and we went out to eat. We love it. Since we weren't able  to go on a real vacation that weekend we still made the best out of the situation and still had a lot of fun!




Then we decided to go to the park on one of our Sunday walks. The weather has been so nice to us that we have been able to go to the park and go running outside! I REALLY am missing the snow but I think Layla is loving to get to run outside.






Layla and I got to go up with Tanner to work on a Saturday. You would think having your husband have to work on a Saturday is now fun but then when you get to go up with him it turns into being fun. Layla and I got to explore and play at Tanners work while he was fixing and replacing some thing in the server room. That was a adventure for Layla for sure.




 Layla's hair is long enough for pig tails and I am loving it. She wont sit down long enough for me to put them in most days but when I get her to I love it!

I was also able to spend a night out by myself for the first time since Layla was born almost. For Christmas Tanner got me tickets to the Hale Center Theater in Orem and I was able to go see the show Bare Foot in the Park. It was so funny. I would definitely see it again and would recommend it to anyone.
Our month has been so nice and we are glad to finally get back to more of a routine. Here are just some pictures of our month. We had so many videos I couldn't choose which ones to post so I decided not to post any. Maybe one day I will post more.












The Chalk Bus outside of Smiths. 






Playing with her cousin Tessa.

 Layla with my dad's birds. 

Layla with her free cookies at the store and if you go late enough in the day/night she can sit in one of the fun shopping carts. 


1 comment:

  1. I seriously LOVE her piggies, they are adorable!! They make her look so grown up though, I can't believe how big she is getting.

    ReplyDelete