Monday, December 1, 2014

November

The month of November went by so quickly. This month I have been thinking about how blessed I am. I wouldn't say I have a perfect life because I do have a few hard days but I have been incredibly blessed to have very few bad days or even negative things in my life. Tanner and I have chosen to see things in a positive light.
This month has been filled with such fun and progression. We started it out in Las Vegas. Which I already wrote about but I want to say again how blessed I am to have a husband with a wonderful job and that I get to be blessed to spend time at home with Layla. We love to travel and have been very blessed to get to do it pretty regularly. Since I do get to be home with Layla everyday, I get to catch her doing such funny things like sleeping like this!

She even got to get all dressed up warm to delivery a little treat to the sisters I visit teach. I love to bake and cook so my visiting teaching sisters get to try out all of the things I make and Layla is my helper. Even when it's freezing outside and Tanner has to take her back home after two homes. I am so blessed to have a wonderful baby, husband and a reason to serve those around me.  I love the gospel and that it gives us the chance to help God's children. 


We also had the first snow of the season and Layla was able to experience that again but really for the first time because last year we wouldnt let her be outside long enough to really see the snow fall. Now that Layla is old enough to see and explore the snow I cannot wait for it to stick to the ground so we can play in the snow for the first time. 




I have been blessed with such a wonderful home that is perfect for entertaining. I was asked by Tanner's mom to let my house be used for a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law. As a family, us girls were able to put together a wonderful shower. Jenna helped with food and decorations, Marci did much of the food and Leanne provided the cutest games, and even Tanner's grandma brought some food. We had so much of Tanner's extended family over that I was so happy to see many of them and get to hear about their lives. It truly is a blessing to have that much family live close enough to come. I did not get to many pictures because I ended up being the hostess when I was not planning on it but I am always up for changes and I don't mind taking the lead to help things move and progress. My mom was a HUGE help for me she let me borrow so many things from her house to help decorate my house for this and I used my Grandma Woolley's recipe for creamy chicken noodle soup to make for the night.  



This month also marked Layla's 11 month birthday! My baby is growing up so quickly and becoming a little adult. With this month she has learned to crawl up the stairs, she has started to WALK. AHH! She has even started to only want what mom and dad are eating so less formula and baby food for her! I am so amazed at the blessing children are. I want to enjoy my time with Layla because she is so happy and playful and is such a huge helper in my life to keep me focused on what is truly important in my life and to have an eternal perspective. 




Tanner and I started our Christmas shopping early this year because we love to spend time together and go on adventures but we love to share with others and what a better way to do that then during the season of giving. This is Tanner and Layla up at the Traverse Outlet Mall. 

Tanner bought us tickets to go see TranSiberian Orchestra this year. We invited Austin and Jessica to come with us and then we went out to dinner. We truly enjoyed our night and the concert as always was the perfect way to start our the holiday season. I am so in love with Tanner and how we keeps traditions alive for me. I love traditions new and old and he helps to continue them. 





 My sister invited up to go to The Shoppes at Riverwoods lighting festival. It has been a long time since we have been down to those shops. I use to work down there for years but since we moved to Lehi I maybe went once since then but I love the atmosphere there and Layla loved getting to see the lights and fireworks and she always likes to spend time with her cousins.


Tanner and I put up Christmas lights on our house the day before Thanksgiving because Tanner did not work that day! I love that he has Wednesday off work so we get to spend that day together doing fun things! I will post more pictures about these when I do a December post and about our Christmas house decorations. I love to decorate our home and make it feel festive for every Holiday but especially Christmas. 


Then we come to Thanksgiving Day! I love this day. Especially when I get to spend the time with family. This year I got to bring food to the dinner. I feel like such an adult when I get to do things like that and man do I love getting to try new things to cook. I made a salad and green beans. One of the best parts of having Tanner as my husband is he always says how much he likes my cooking but when I made the green beans he was really enjoying them. It makes me feel so happy! 




HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment