Tuesday, November 11, 2014

HALLOWEEN 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
2014

Every year Tanner and I talk about Halloween and what we are going to dress up as. Each year we always come to the conclusion that we don't really like dressing up because we don't want to be anything but ourselves. Added to that we dislike buying things for costumes because we believe it is a waste of money. So, that means we have to be a little more creative as what we are going to be. Since, this is our first Halloween with Layla it made it a little easier and more fun to dress up because it was entertaining to dress her up. When we were thinking about what to be for Halloween it was around the same time that Layla was learning to crawl and would crawl very slow. Because of that we decided Layla should be a turtle and that we would be too.




My sister started a fun tradition a few years ago of having a Halloween party. So, each year my sibling and cousins have a Halloween party. Now that two of us are married, one engaged and the other one single it is fun to get us all together with our "dates" and have a party. We love inviting my cousins to come especially with us getting older we have little time to get together with them so it is always great to have a reason to get together.
This year my sister let us have the party at our house. We had home made root beer, caramel apples, cupcakes, cake, doughnuts and veggie tray for food. Then we had a few games of bowling, eat the hanging doughnut, and clue. It was a lot of fun. Of course the BYU football game was on in the background.









My sister took the good pictures from this party these are just the ones I took as things were happening.
Warning: There are going to be a lot of YouTube videos of all the doughnut games! 








Somewhere I had Annalee and Chad's but I cant find it now. So when I find it I will add it. 

Also, this year I was trying to think as a mom what would be a fun but easy tradition for a Halloween dinner. Once Layla is older we will be going out trick or treating and we will need something fun and easy for dinner. Tanner and I decided home made waffles would be a fun thing to do. Especially because I don't like making "breakfast" for dinner very often if ever so it will be fun to do something different. We invited Chad, Leanne, Aubrey and Chance over for dinner this year and then we headed over to Grandma Nilsson's for chili and doughnuts. As always we love getting to see Grandma Nilsson especially with her being closer to us we can just stop by.  I love that Layla will get to see her great grandparents often!





No comments:

Post a Comment