Monday, April 28, 2014

April

As I have been writing on the blog I am realizing that this is mostly a place where I can write down what is going on in our lives so that I can look back and remember. It seems like now, after having Layla, I want to keep record of what is happening even more. She will probably look back at this one day and just laugh at the things that I thought were important to share and wonder why I did not tell other stories. My goal has been to write a little bit once a month, I am pretty close to that.
The month of April has passed by so quickly. Each day I have been hoping for the weather to be warm enough that I can take Layla outside during the day but we have only had a few of those days but we have still enjoyed our walks even if she is bundled up.



We have been able to enjoy and participate it a lot this month.

We started to weed our yard to get ready for plants at the start of this month and Layla did not really enjoy being outside because of the wind but I loved getting her ready to go outside and be in her "workers" clothes and making Tanner.


We had Tanner's grandpa's funeral at the beginning of this month. It was a wonderful service and Tanner was able to sing a song that reflected his grandpa's testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We were all sad to see him pass on but we know that he wanted to be with his dear wife who had just passed away almost five months before. Before he passed we did get to see him and he was able to meet Layla. We will really miss them both but are glad to have a few angels watching over us.





The next day started the weekend of General Conference. We really enjoyed the talks this year and so many things stood out to me and helped me to focus on what I need to work on for the next six months. Layla even enjoyed listening/watching conference and would smile and "talk" back to the speakers. We also were able to plant our seed for our vegetable garden while listening to conference. They have know grown so much just in the last week. We are so excited to have our garden start to grow and be able to have so delicious home grown vegetables.







We had Layla's four month appointment and four month birthday. She has grown so much and I cannot believe it. She weights 13.4 lbs and is 25 inches long. She is starting to wiggle her way around and starting to laugh, giggle, scream(happy and sad), and she is rolling but just occasionally.



We went on a Nilsson family sibling date to the Deseret Star and saw Provo Cop and then had dinner at our house. It was so much fun getting to spend time with all of the siblings(minus McKay) but we wanted to get everyone together before the summer keeps everyone very busy.





My family went on a little vacation down to St. George this month. It was so much fun and we were able to do so many first with Layla. She had her first pool time, extended sleepover, Easter egg hunt, and day out at an art festival. We really enjoyed every minute of our vacation. The relaxation, the pool time, the sun and warm weather and getting to spend time with my family.















Lastly, we had Easter. We went up to Tanner's Grandma and Grandpa's house because it will be the last Easter at their house they are in now and Tanner really did want to find a golden egg. It was a great Easter.


                                             




No comments:

Post a Comment