Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Friends Playing? Hanging Out? Just going to a game?


It was Wednesday after the first day Tanner talked to me and asked me on a date. We had text a little from Sunday until Wednesday and we both thought it would be a good idea to go to the basketball game together. Allison and I were already planning to go but she and Devin thought it would be a good idea if I invited Tanner and we all sat by each other. I was so nervous, this was the first time I had been with this guy more than about 15 minutes. I thought a game would be a good place to go, there are a lot of people, he likes basketball, I like basketball, Allison is there and its not super long. It was the perfect first hang out. So many thoughts were going through my mind what if I didn't really like him then I am stuck going to a concert with him the next day and it will be a long date. Just him and I. I thought I should get pretty and look good to go to the basketball. I thought about curling my hair and my outfit had to be perfect. Well, it did not end up working like that. I was feeling sick so I had slept most of the day. It was a white out so I had to find a white BYU shirt to wear. I ended up going to the game with bedhead hair and my moms white shirt that was obviously to big. I thought to myself, if he doesn't like me like this I guess its not meant to be.
Allison and I had a plan to meet in the parking lot of the stadium and walk up to the Marriott Center. We parked right next to each other and started walking in the cold. We finally got there and we met up with Devin. We found a spot and after about 10 minutes into the game I thought I would text Tanner and see where he was and if he was going to come. I didn't get a response back for awhile. I thought he was just avoiding me. I was like well, it was worth a try. Then went back to watch the game. At about half time I finally get a message from Tanner. He says " I am in the hallway on my laptop working. I will be in as soon as I can." As I read the message I thought that maybe I should go out and see him or even just sit by him for a little. I did not know if that would be weird so of course I asked Allison. She said I should go into the hall and find Tanner. So that is exactly what I did. I walked out of the portal we were at and I looked around to see him I could see him. It took me a second to find him. Then I saw him sitting on the ground with his laptop and is colorful backpack and his cute glasses. I walked over and sat by him and he got a goofy smile on his face. It was a sorry/I think you are pretty smile combo.
I went and sat next to him until he was done working and helping Dr. Wood. He came and into the Portal with each other and we stood next to each other the rest of the game cheering and singing the fight song a lot because Jimmer was having a great game. I didn't sing the fight song I more like whispered it to myself because i was standing next to an actual singer. A real singer! He was such a nice guy and we talked the whole time. It was never weird or a awkward. The game ended and it was time for us to leave. Tanner was going to frozen yogurt and then to Vocal Point practice for a Christmas song they were doing. I was trying to play hard to get so I said that I needed to go home and finish homework. He looked a little sad but he knew we were going to see each other the next day for out first real date!
It was a night to remember. It was the day I started my friendship with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment